Please see this link for a more comprehensive version of the CV/resume (in PDF format).
Brice Le Stunff
French proofreader / English & German to French translator
• 2008: Maîtrise (postgraduate degree) in cognitive science, University of Lyon II, France, 2:2
• 2007: Masters in computer science, University of Rennes I, France, 2:2
• Freelance activity as a proofreader of academic works written in French, for professors and students based in Germany, the UK and the USA. Since December 2018.
• Freelance activity as a translator, working with the language pairs English to French and German to French. Since 2016.
• Regular work with Telelingua (Munich): mostly DE>FR translation for final clients like Villeroy & Boch, Wöhner, etc.
• Regular work with CadenceTrans (Miami): essentially EN>FR marketing translation in the field of IT, i.e. marketing surveys for final clients like Facebook or Snapchat.
• Regular work with Cerebro (Munich): mostly DE>FR technical translation for final clients like Murrplastik, etc.
• Occasional work for companies like Easytrans24 (Hamburg), Mytranslation (Paris), etc.
• Regular work with Amazon (Luxemburg subsidiary): post-editing of machine-translated product descriptions, DE+EN>FR. 2017-2018.
• Book translation: Higher Superstition by Paul R. Gross & Norman Levitt from American English to French (complete, awaiting publication). 2014-2016.
• Lexicographical Expert for Linguee GmbH. Improvement of the English-French contextual dictionary. 2014-2016.
• Research internship at the Institute of Cognitive Science in Lyon, under the responsibility of Giorgio Coricelli in neuroeconomics and social psychology. 2007-2008.
• Internship at Orange R&D in Rennes. Development of TV software on mobile devices, work on DVB-T, MPEG and other telecom standards. 2007.
More about me
• French: mother tongue, literary translation skills.
• English: CECR C2 level (TOEIC score: 990/990), almost bilingual.
• German: CECR C1/C2 level, read, spoken and written fluently.
• Good experience of SDL Trados Studio and CafeTran translation software. Trials on other software like MemoQ, DéjàVu, etc.
• Creation of a publishing structure in October 2018.